January 9, 2009

Long Overdue....

Today was a big day in the Reeve home....Sofa Pia got her first haircut and Lili got her second haircut in her 4 years of life!! (Is that borderline child abuse?) Woo hoo! As Rich says, "Sophie doesn't have one hair on her head that is the same length." I've been putting it off, but today was the day!!

We went to this newly opened salon in Layton called "Snipits"....very cute. Just for kids. Movies, video games, suckers, bubbles, pink chairs, a special token for a prize at the end of the haircut...is this heaven?

I was a bit nervous for Sophie's first haircut. Although she's gotten better, she is not a big fan of having her hair done. I could just imagine the kicking, shouting of "NO!", and arching her back to slide off the chair. Me, sweaty and panicky, trying to sing little songs to distract her until the hair stylist accidentally snips her ear and we have to make a trip to the ER.

But I was wrong!! She was perfect! Phewww!

Lili was good too. She had a grumpy look on her face the whole time and wouldn't talk to the stylist when she asked her questions, but she has had a haircut once so she's an old pro. Easy breezy. Surprise, surprise, I documented the momentous occasion. The poor stylist, I am a bit overzealous with my pictures. I turned my back once and out of the corner of my eye I saw her do, with scissors in hand, the knife stabbing motion from Psycho to my head. You know the one...."Eeee! Eeee! Eeee!" No just kidding, she didn't, but I saw it in her eyes, she wanted to.


The final results...Lili a trim, Sophie a bob w/ bangs. Oh my baby is growing up!!

7 comments:

Camille said...

Little Sophie looks so cute! I love that haircut on her. Darling. That salon looks real fun too.

[BrookeO] said...

SOooooo Cute!

Lflinders said...

Veronica, so cute haircut. That looks like such a fun place to take your kid to get their hair cut. Beautiful girls

Street Fam said...

Sophie looks OLDER! What a cute place. I'll have to check it out.

hayleyharts said...

i love her hair with the bangs!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

sophie looks so mod with that cute hair do!! love it

Libby said...

Love the new 'do! Also-the tattoo in progress was very artistic as well. I wouldn't think a kids salon would be so "alterna". Good for them.