January birthdays are hard!! I had to think of an indoor birthday party theme, have the invitations sent out before Christmas, birthday shopping amidst my Christmas shopping, and who feels like planning a party once the tedious job of putting away Christmas decorations is finally done? BUT I kept reminding myself how excited I would be to plan Sophie's birthday party if it was in the middle of the summer, and I pressed on.....this is what I came up with.
The invites:

Front


Sophie warmed up to the idea of sledding, but she'd cover her eyes the whole way down. Lili was a champ, thanks to Rich dragging his legs/arms in the snow to keep them from going too fast.

It was a beautiful sunny day! Good? NO BAD! 1. There was no fresh snow, it hadn't snowed for days! 2. Everyone had the great idea of going sledding that day. 3. The snow was pure ice, and there were patches of grass everywhere. Oh well, we made the best of it.
Note to self: Don't plan a birthday party centered around the unpredictable weather.....


After sledding we went back to our house....

Snowman cupcakes, hot chocolate with all the fixings, and churros.


Things were kind of crazy with everyone crammed into our house. Sophie loves her new toys she got....and it's all over (which at this point I'm the most thankful for) until next year.
8 comments:
I think you should be an event planner. You're so creative! What a fun mommy you are.
Your girls are so darling! Thanks for your help the other day with the button! You kill me with how talented you are with photography! Your girls are so lucky to grow up with such great pictures!
Very cute. Your poufs turned out great. What were you stressed about?!
Veronica everything looks lovely! You did a great job.
I need some Birthday party lessons from you!! The only thing we have ever done for Birthdays is go to the park and have a little dinner and some cake! You have the most darling ideas! You should make a birthday party planning book. I love the food that your served, very cute. Throw in a party planning class with every photo lesson class (:
i agree with all the comments...too cute! i love the snowmen cupcakes.and the invite was adorable..of course.
cute ideas! I'll have to remember these for my now January baby!
Everybody said just what I was going to say - you could totally be an event planner! Her party looked fun and your pictures of the day are just beautiful!
Post a Comment