....on a beautiful snowy day, I was on my way to the hospital to meet my little Sophie.
Labor was tricky, Sophie decided to flip sideways the night before, and my doctor (post epidural) had fun pressing on my stomach till she was in the proper position. The doctor must have been pushing hard, his face was red and his eyes were bulging. I just laughed. It was like a tummy massage.
Sophie arrived and we noticed right away her beautiful lips. She was perfect. Big eyes, round face, thick beautiful dark hair. Her cry was soft and just how a newborns cry should be. But we rarely heard it. She was an angel baby.
We should have known from that tricky little flip-a-roo she pulled what kind of personality little Sophie would have. She was the best baby, I can't complain about that....not crawling, or walking for so long. She was just content to sit on my lap. She was a good baby, but she sure is a feisty little toddler! She has her own ideas and isn't afraid to let opinion be heard. We just laugh, because she is still so cute, even when she's mad.
Here are some lesser known facts about Sophie:
1. Full full name is Sophie Flora Reeve. We had a different name picked out for her but then we went to see the movie "DaVinci Code" and we both loved the name Sophie. She is named Flora after my dear sweet Great Aunt in France. She's always been like a grandmother to me and, not having any children of her own, I thought it only fitting to name one of my daughters after her.
Labor was tricky, Sophie decided to flip sideways the night before, and my doctor (post epidural) had fun pressing on my stomach till she was in the proper position. The doctor must have been pushing hard, his face was red and his eyes were bulging. I just laughed. It was like a tummy massage.
Sophie arrived and we noticed right away her beautiful lips. She was perfect. Big eyes, round face, thick beautiful dark hair. Her cry was soft and just how a newborns cry should be. But we rarely heard it. She was an angel baby.
We should have known from that tricky little flip-a-roo she pulled what kind of personality little Sophie would have. She was the best baby, I can't complain about that....not crawling, or walking for so long. She was just content to sit on my lap. She was a good baby, but she sure is a feisty little toddler! She has her own ideas and isn't afraid to let opinion be heard. We just laugh, because she is still so cute, even when she's mad.
Here are some lesser known facts about Sophie:
1. Full full name is Sophie Flora Reeve. We had a different name picked out for her but then we went to see the movie "DaVinci Code" and we both loved the name Sophie. She is named Flora after my dear sweet Great Aunt in France. She's always been like a grandmother to me and, not having any children of her own, I thought it only fitting to name one of my daughters after her.

Great Aunt Flora (I was pregnant with Lili at the time)
.
2. She makes this squishy face when she crys, ever since she was a baby. I love it.


Sophie's squishy face in the hospital
Sophie's squishy face at one year.
.
3. She plays really well by herself.
4. She didn't crawl until the end of her 18th month.
5. Sophie has seen the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans already.
.
At two years Sophie loves.....
Playing with the doll house
Playing with baby dolls
Playing with her big sister
Watching shows
Popcorn
Sweets
Juice
Curious George and Pinky Dinky Doo
Being chased and tickled
.
Sophie hates.....
Getting her diaper changed
Not being able to go to school with Lili
Vegetables
Time Out
Nursery
Going to bed
.
Sophie can say.....
"I want to get down" (in French)
"I want more" (in French)
"Lili, Mommy, Papa"
"Where's ____?" (in French), "Where did _____ go?"
"What are you doing?", "Bye bye!"
"Vo Vo" (car)
"Kak kak" (any kind of bird or duck)
"Uh, oh!", "Okay!", "NO!", "MY (mine)","Tank you" (without being asked)
"Do, do" (blanket), "Ginki" (binki)
"cookie", "drink" (in French), "milk" (in French), "water" (in French), "it's hot" (in French)
and more...that I can't think of right now.
.

Sophie One Year Old

Sophie Two Years Old
We love our little Sophie, this is what I wrote about her in my journal two years ago...
"...I can feel from her (Sophie) a very special little spirit. She is calm, sweet, and so beautiful. There is something about her I can not explain. I know she is going to be a huge blessing in our family...."
On another note, happy birthday to my dear friend Kristen, and the uber strange Marilyn Manson. I can only hope that Sophie will acquire some of the attributes of Kristen (humor, confidence, sportiness, kindness, good listener), and have absolutely nothing even remotely in common with that hideous, beyond creepy rock star. But Happy Birthday to him none-the-less!
..
Coming soon.....Sophie's Brrrrrthday party!
7 comments:
Happy birthday you cutie patootie!
OH, happy birthday cute Sophie! She is such a doll in every way!
What a sweet little gal you have there. I just love her. Give her a birthday squeeze for me.
Happy Happy Birthday Sophie! We think you are one cute girl! Stay warm on your cold and snowy day.
Happy Birthday sweet Sophie! She is so, so darling. Hope she had a great day.
Happy 2 years Sophie! What a cutie! My, how the time goes.
Joyeux anniversaire Sophie!!
Gros bisous.
Post a Comment