Our next day in France was wonderful. We woke up and headed up the coast of Marseille to La Ciotat, a small beach town about 40 minutes away. We brought a picnic lunch with us and ate it on the beach. The water was cold, but Lili and Rich gave it a try anyways....while I was the designated picture taker (which I used as my excuse to not get in..he he he). One thing I love about the French is that they always go on picnics. Instead of "grabbing a bite to eat" at the local fast food joint, they bring food with them...saving money, and their waist lines. A typical lunch would be a french baguette with some cheeses and meats, fruit, quiche, and some fresh tomatoes.

After lunch in La Ciotat we headed over to a town, Cassis, along the coast next to Marseille. We took a boat ride to see the white rocky cliffs (les Calanques) along the Mediterranean sea. Lili loved the bumpy boat ride but poor Rich got soaked at the front of the boat. We loved seeing local youth test their courage by cliff diving off the tall cliffs. Afterwards we ate Italian Gelato on the port, and took a walk through the small streets of Cassis.


Another wonderful day. Next up...the wedding!!
6 comments:
look how cute Gaelle looks! OOO these pictures make me want to go back so bad.
your home! I thought you would have been gone for at least two weeks! but how fun! I love the pictures..you are girls are so lucky oh and I loved the picture of lily and rich..it looked like a picture out of j.crew. love it. can't wait for the rest.
I am so jealous!!! How amazing!!! I would LOVE to go to France!!!
I love Lili's suit. Very cute. Also, that last picture is awesome. Frameworthy!
I am so jealous. Who says, we ate Gelato in France last week? That last picture could not have been posed better, the darling door, the plants, the colors, the bike and Lili is darling!
You are amazing. I really think you should hire out for our family vacations.
We are going to Hawaii in the fall...you know you want to come...think about it!
I've been looking forward to these posts. I especially love this one since we went to Marseille and Cassis on our honeymoon. It was fun running into you at the airport. Sorry I was on the phone when we got off the plane! :) Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment