August 20, 2009

First Day of Preschool

What would a blog be without documentation of the first day of school?
.
This year we've decided to put Lili in the Pre-Kindergarten Preschool at Terrace School of Music. It is supposed to be more academic and, according to them, she should be reading by the end of the year. Technically they say that she can advance to first grade after this year because the curriculum is approved by the State...we'll see about that. I'm just thankful for the 5 minute drive down the hill (as opposed to the 40 minutes twice a day commute last year). She has 6 kids in her class. She seems to do better in smaller groups so I think it's perfect for her. She loved her first day of class and told me she was the best behaved girl in her class. What a sweetie. Before I know it she'll be swapping school pictures with her teachers and putting them in her scrapbook (that's right, I'd ask my teacher for their school pictures and put them in my picture book next to my school picture for the year....no shame in that....Rich, who teases me about that on a regular basis)



6 comments:

Libby said...

What a big girl. I've been curious about that school. You'll have to give me the scoop once Lili's done. Not that I have to think about Pre-K for another few years.

Bree said...

So darling. I love the first day of school. It is so exciting. Although I am freaking out just a little about Kennedy going to the "BIG KID" school starting this Monday. Lili is darling as always.

Street Fam said...

I forgot about that preschool. Let me know how she likes it. I'll be seeing you soon at the retreat. It's been awhile. We must catch up. :)

Jen said...

honestly, I almost can't take how cute she is. Geesh. Way to make a girl kid-hungry.

hayleyharts said...

cute girl already for school..and i would have to say I approve of her boyfriend too...for now. haha

Camille said...

How fun. My niece and nephew went there and my sister loved it. She will do great!!!