November 4, 2010

GIrls Pictures....

So, you might scoff at this, but it really has been a long time since I took the girls' picture.  Meaning, it's been forever since I picked out/coordinated outfits, considered location, colors, props, and set out to take pictures that I would be hanging in my home.

It's a lot of work!  Sheesh!  I feel bad for my clients now.

So I did it!  I got Sophie's hair cut, we ran shopping and made sure everyone had the necessary color combination, and we went out.  And here are the results...


Lili is a champ at getting her pictures taken.  She's quick, cooperative, and natural.  No fuss.  Her "serious face" is looking a bit mad, but for some reason I still like it.


Sophie is still at a really great age for natural pictures.  She has, however, recently started doing a lot of the "square lip" smile (see Halloween group shot below) with her eyes darted to the side.  It doesn't take much to get her to laugh or smile naturally, though.  She has so much character and her eyes say so much about her - so even if she isn't looking at the camera or her big eyes are looking to the side I still love it.

Hazel...oh wait?  Did I forget to post the pictures of Hazel.  NOOOOOOO!  Because there are no pictures of Hazel.  She is 1, what can I say?  It was just too hard to set her down, run into position, and expect her to sit there and wait.  Nope, the moment I turned away she was hot on my heels (not a big fan of our woodsy location) and begging to be picked up.  Crying...red eyes, puffy face, all disheveled.

Failed.

So I'm concocting a Plan B, quickly, since this week is so warm and the leaves are still on the trees.  Rumor has it next week the weather will be taking a sudden turn for the worse.  I am proud of myself though, the girls pictures have been printed and should be here this week for hanging.