We've had such a great Halloween this year!! Being in our own home made such a big difference. Last year we were so busy with new baby, building the house, and the H1N1 scare, that we didn't have time to enjoy it. We made sure to make the most of it this year. We wrote a season "To Do List" with all the fun activities on it that we hoped to accomplish. We got to cross off most of them.
Tonight, despite the rain, Rich took the girls Trick or Treating. It was wet and cold and they didn't make it very far. I stayed at home and made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies while anticipating knocks on the door (since we had a Costco sized bucket full of candy), but we only got 2 small groups. :( We'll be eating chocolate candy bars till next Halloween. I've learned my lesson...
This year Lili was a pirate, and Sophie and Hazel got to be a hand-me-down witch and ladybug. We had lots of celebrations and got to dress up at school and church. Hazel LOVED to wear her costume and would laugh at herself in the mirror. When Sophie wore the ladybug costume she was a non-walking lump, so it's cute to see a little ladybug running around for once. She went out trick or treating and walked up proudly to the doors with the big girls.










I still have to take some more photos of Hazel in her costume....I'll post those later.
Tonight, despite the rain, Rich took the girls Trick or Treating. It was wet and cold and they didn't make it very far. I stayed at home and made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies while anticipating knocks on the door (since we had a Costco sized bucket full of candy), but we only got 2 small groups. :( We'll be eating chocolate candy bars till next Halloween. I've learned my lesson...
This year Lili was a pirate, and Sophie and Hazel got to be a hand-me-down witch and ladybug. We had lots of celebrations and got to dress up at school and church. Hazel LOVED to wear her costume and would laugh at herself in the mirror. When Sophie wore the ladybug costume she was a non-walking lump, so it's cute to see a little ladybug running around for once. She went out trick or treating and walked up proudly to the doors with the big girls.










I still have to take some more photos of Hazel in her costume....I'll post those later.