June 8, 2011

Panic Mode

Hazel is already 19 1/2 months old (for the record: she weighs 21 pounds and is in the 15% for height and weight, and the 70% for head).  I had every intention of taking some 18 month pictures of her, but I never officially got to it.  She has nothing to wear, the weather has been bad, and she has had an ongoing cold....and the list of excuses goes on and on.

To tell you the truth, most of the time my camera sits in my closet collecting dust until I have a photo shoot.  The everyday activities go mostly un-captured.  The girls are getting bigger and doing cute things, and it makes me happy and I think, "I really should videotape this before she grows out of this stage..." but I put it off and it never gets done.

Yesterday I found myself talking to Rich about how Sophie has really been growing like a weed....maybe she'll be tall and skinny like Rich? She's acting older too...am I going to forget all the funny little things she says?  Like the other night when she told me she wanted a Jesus stuffed animal....

Hazel is changing so much too and I'm starting to get a little panicky about it.  My baby girl, and (according to Dr. B) she'll be my last baby girl.  Rich has asked me to start sorting through her baby clothes to get rid of ones she's outgrown.  Baby clothes that has mostly been passed from Lilia down to Hazel.  It breaks my heart to think about getting rid of those clothes (as outdated or ragged as they may be).

Is there a point to all this?  YES!

Yesterday I took pictures of 4 generations of moms/daughters.  It really got me thinking about how fast time goes, and how I need to get my girls pictures taken with their only remaining Great Grandma Reeve whom they adore, and their grandparents.  I also need to take everyday pictures like I used to.  Lilia has a whole album of random photos that the girls all love looking through.  I love to be reminded of how she looked at every age.  Sophie has a little less photos, and Hazel even less.  I never wanted to be the parent who stops taking pictures of their 4th child (hint, hint mom, just kidding I love you).

So I am hoping to do better.  The tball games, the days at the parks, the funny outfits they try on, running through the sprinklers....I want to photograph all of those.  Because at the rate we are going now, these girls are going to be grown before I know it, and I won't remember what they looked like with a Kool-Aid mustaches, messy braids, and chubby little legs....and that scares me to death.