Lili and Sophie actually ended up wearing their costumes from two years ago on Halloween night. And although I dreamt up ideas of grandeur for my first and only little boy, he ended up wearing a fireman costume we found in our dress up box. Mom fail x 2
At least Hazel was wearing a new-to-her costume. The peacock. (Sigh) Sad to say that she will be the last little girl in the family to wear that costume and it breaks my heart.

Other Halloween disappointments - we didn't make it to a pumpkin patch, no homemade doughnuts, corn mazes, or dinner in a pumpkin. Some of our favorites. There was just too much going on this year - 3 birthdays, a baptism, my mini sessions, a Studio 5 segment, Rich and Lili went to Chicago. We did have some fun this year - Ward Trunk or Treat, carved pumpkins, watched scary movies, school parties and field trips, and decorated the house. Halloween night was uncharacteristically warm and Rich took the girls to a new area of our neighborhood that was a hit. The girls divvied over there "peanut" candy - which is everything good in my opinion - without complaint and Hazel was safe from any allergic reactions (it's a hard time of year to be allergic to peanuts). So now on to Thanksgiving and Christmas and here's to hoping we will cross more items off our "to do" list.

3 comments:
CAH-ute!!
What's wrong with dude peacocks? I think Jack with his big blues could fill that out nicely in a few years.
I hear you on the lamo Halloween. I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe next year, right?
Sounds like the kids had a great time and I think their costumes are terrific! BTW, give credit where it is due, Thomas wore that fireman outfit not so many years ago, and I like it!
Post a Comment