January 14, 2013

Lilia Gets Baptized

Back in October, the 13th to be exact, our sweet little Lili was baptized.  Wow!  Are we really old enough to have an 8 year old!  Seems like we were blessing her just yesterday.  Lilia's baptism was a great experience for our family.  Lili and I had a lot of fun shopping for a baptism dress.  She really wanted a dress that went all the way to the floor.  We looked around but were unimpressed with the expensive and cheaply made options.  So instead we had my mom's friend Brenda Lincoln make the dress based on two different dresses that we saw online.  The dress is made out of the same fabric as my wedding dress.  Lili wanted a little splash of color on her dress so we added the sash that has a long bow in back.  It turned out just the way we envisioned it, and Lilia was thrilled.

The day of Lili's baptism Rich took her to the Stake Center early so they could get a little tutorial what to expect.  They also got the news that the water heater was not working, and that Lili, and two other little girls, would be baptized in the cold water.  I was so proud of Lili - she was brave and didn't complain about having to be baptized in the cold water.  She had a huge smile on her face and now she loves to tell the story of her freezing cold baptism.

She had a lot of family there supporting her on her baptism day.  She even got some jewelry, new scriptures with her name on it, and she got a scripture case from her Grandma Reeve that just so happened to match her dress.  We gathered at our house after the baptism for a dinner.

I finally took these pictures of Lili yesterday because the day of her baptism was so busy I didn't have time to take any pictures.  She loves to wear her baptism dress to church along with the 8 other girls in her primary class that were baptized this year.  I love my little girl - who isn't so little anymore - and am so proud of her choice to be baptized.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

So pretty! Can't believe she's already old enough to be baptized.

Carly said...

Love the dress! I don't blame her for wanting to wear it to church. Just like a little angel...

Jill T said...

Such a pretty girl! I love the dress. You would think with the demand of baptism dresses around here there would be some better options! Oh well, hers is unique and one of a kind just for her!

Libby said...

This is the sweetest. Love her dress. Love her.