April 1, 2008

APRIL FOOLS!

Ha Ha! For those of you who saw my little side panel salute to April Fool's. Yes, it was just a April Fool's prank. If you believed it, don't feel bad, Rich did too (and my mom, and my sister). He thought it was my way of announcing to him the exciting news. Wow, I like to blog, but come on!! Being pregnant, and with TWINS, I'm sure he'd know about it before 3 months rolled around. Being able to trick Rich....that made it all worth it. Sorry for the rest of you who got sucked in.

{WARNING! Do not try this at home!}

April Fool's Day was crazy at Rich's house growing up. They would put Saran Wrap on the toilet seat, elastic bands on the kitchen sink sprayer, "short sheet" the beds, put Grape Nuts in the sheets. They even replaced his little sister's pajamas with some doll pajamas that matched perfectly and convinced her that they had shrunk.

At my house my mom would make an "egg" (sunny side up) with vanilla yogurt and an apricot on top. Not as naughty...and fun none the less. So there you have it. Happy April Fool's Day yesterday...hope you all had a chance to celebrate this often-overlooked "holiday".

5 comments:

Camille said...

why you little stinker!! you really had me going. Now I'm going to have to return that double stroller....

Bree said...

I kinda figured it was a joke..that's a good one. speaking of jokes..Jay went to the live stock auction(bet you didn't really know they did those..every Tuesday)..anyway, he bought a goat at the auction and took it out to syracuse and put it in his sisters backyard. I thought it was really hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Funny ha ha! That's REALLY funny that you got Rich! I have to say, Bree's Jay (sorry I don't know you!) had a funny prank too! I might have to use that next year on my in-laws!

Nicole said...

Right after I looked at your blog I called up Bree and asked her if she knew anymore about this new little widget..she suspected it to be an April Fool's tribute, I guess she was right! You got me!

Heidi Berry said...

You had me going for a little too. (about 15 min.) I found myself replaying all of our conversations from Sat. night. I was thinking, "And she wants to go on a diet with me? Who is she kidding. She must have been trying to throw us off the track." Good one! I only wish I had been so clever...