July 20, 2008

Camping Trip '08

This weekend we went on the annual Reeve Family Camping Trip. This year we went to Beaver Dam in the Uinta Mountains. This is our camp site view....Photobucket
Not too shabby, eh?

This year we opted out of tenting it, and instead slept in Rich's sister's trailer. Home sweet home. The lack of windows allowed the girls to sleep in later, which made for happier girls, and an overall happier camping experience. So, although I felt I was waking up in a shed every morning (surrounded by their motorcycle gear) it was great!
Photobucket

This year Sophie and Lili loved to go cruisin' trails in the Ranger. They laughed and smiled the whole time.
Photobucket

I told Rich's nephews I'd pay 20$ to the person who could get Sophie to walk. No such luck.
Photobucket
When asked what her favorite part of camping was, Lili will tell you "Playing with Shotsy, the dog."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mitch, Rich's nephew, tore up his pants on a little motorcycle crash. His dad used duct tape to keep him modest. Who needs a needle and thread? One of duct tapes many uses.

We had another great and successful camping trip. The girls were hardly recognizable, coated in dirt, by the time we got home....but they are such great campers!! We had a lot of fun with the family....s'mores, late night movies on the big projector, 4-wheel rides, trips down to the dam, and playing with cousins.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

who knew that someone could make a big enclosed trailor and a bunch of dirty kids look so good? your photos amaze me everytime you post!! I'm home for about a month and may be calling you to take some photos of the boys. (if you can get me in)

Anonymous said...

We went camping once last summer, and I would really love to do it again this summer, but I'm not all that keen on using a tent this time--too many bear attacks this year have kind of wigged me out! It looks like you had a ton of fun!

Bree said...

HOW FUN! I love camping, and we have not been able to go yet this year...we have been so busy with our house. I'm glad you had a good time, dirt covered and all!

Jill T said...

Sounds and looks like a fun trip. And I love that you put the carseat in the Ranger. I don't think I would have thought of that!

Kirk said...

Looks like fun! We are about to pack up an go camping (again) this weekend. I only wish I had a windowless trailor to sleep in. I guess Maren will just have to be grumpy. Marcy