This afternoon, after a Christmas music dance party which involves me getting a workout while twirling Lili around to some of my favorite Christmas music while Sophie twirls herself dizzy at my feet knocking into random pieces of furniture, I was feeling especially in love with my two little girls. I cupped Lili's tender face with my hands and said, "Lili, I love you more than anything." Her big brown eyes looked tenderly into my own, and with a love reserved only for the most kindred mother-daughter relationships she answered, "Mommy, I love you more than my socks."
Socks. Amazing.
We all know how we feel about our socks. How frigid and cold we'd be without them. How they make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. How they complete us and make us feel safe, secure, and loved. How beautiful they are. How they provide love and companionship for us. I don't know about you, but I consider my socks some of my most loved and precious treasures. One of our world's most beautiful creations.
What a profound daughter I have. Awww. What a beautiful relationship we share.
In other news, here are some of the highlights of our weekend:
- Friday night dinner and downtown lights with friends Will and Sunny. I didn't take my camera so this picture I found on the Internet will have to do.

- Shopping on Saturday sans makeup, hoping to not run into anyone I knew, but of course I did. You know who you are, and please erase that image of me from your brain. Kind of like the image on the left....but ten times worse.

- Later that day I transformed from image on the left to the image on the right (no picture, you'll just have to take my word for it), and headed off to Rich's annual work party. You might remember the festivities from last year. Well this year it wasn't nearly as exciting. Actually I think it was, we just left before anything good happened. Rumor has it that one of Rich's fellow attorney's in Ogden got up and, with a boa around his neck, shook what HIS motha' gave him to "I feel like a woman" from Shania Twain. I'll be looking for that one on YouTube. The highlight of the night had to be getting told from the 70 year old man sitting next to me that, "I was a knock-out up close." Hmmm....not sure what to think about that one.
- We ended the weekend with a trip down to Utah County for the blessing of our new niece....sweet little thing. All the girl cousins had matching dresses in preparation for the annual "Girl Picture" but with the hour drive, sitting through church, and eating brunch after the service, my girls looked like little rug rats and nobody was in the mood for pictures. I managed to snap one of the girls in their matching dresses as we were leaving.

(My mother-in-laws annual Christmas dress for the girls)
Don't forget to let me know if you want in on my blog once we close the doors to the public. And are you telling your family and friends about my giveaway? I didn't think so. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I'm so disappointed. OK, get going. I'll forgive you this time.
5 comments:
Vero , you made me laugh again ! Love you.
The girls look so cute. I love you more than socks too.
Cute dresses. Vern-I'd say I love you more than my blue fleece socks that are so thin from wear and tear that I probably shouldn't even classify them as fleece anymore. You get the idea.
Wish you could have seen "I feel like a Woman" and the "YMCA". Priceless! :)
I really do love you more than my socks. Really...I thought long and hard and I beleive I can say that from the bottom of my heart! Was that pictures supposed to be me or you on Saturday. I will erase that picture if you erase me and my pasty white, freckle filled, frizzed out hair!
Post a Comment