We'll start with my sweet Lilia's birthday. This year she turned the big 0-6. It was 6 years ago when we welcomed our first little girl into the world...into Iowa, to be exact.

For the last 6 years we have been enamored, amazed, entertained, and yes, sometimes frustrated, but mostly in awe of our very sweet girl. She has turned out to be quite a little character and is a very silly girl. Her laugh is infectious and heard frequently. She is shy, and sensitive, caring and thoughtful. She is a very smart little girl and a wonderful artist. She is very curious and has always been very aware of her surroundings (she notices things/worries about things that most children don't even think about).
One of my favorite things Lili is doing now is writing stories and illustrating them. Her phonetic spellings are so cute - easy to read because they are exactly the way words should be spelled. Her pictures are so detailed and her stories are hilarious. She is very creative.
She is a very good big sister. Helpful, trustworthy, and a good leader. She goes out of her way to make people happy, and tries to please us and make us proud...and she does. So much. We love our Lilia and are so glad that she is part of our family.
At 6 years old Lili...
Is 44 1/8 inches tall (30th %ile)
Is 43.2 lbs (45 %ile)
Lili likes...
Riding her bike, making movies, reading early readers, coloring/painting, writing stories, playing on the computer, stuffed animals, playing with friends, dress up, playing board games, going to the park, going to get ice cream, Olivia cartoon, Chicken Alfredo, French cheese, her ballet class, and being silly.
Lili doesn't like....
Going to bed.
For Lilia's birthday this year I had a grand vision of a Fall Camping Birthday Party. However, our yard didn't get put in as soon as we expected, and not wanting our rather large families cooped up in the house, I went back and forth on where to have the party/when to have the party/if I should even have a birthday party. I ended up throwing one together at the last minute, and Rich's mom let us do it in her backyard - and although it wasn't quite what I had in mind, it was still fun and Lili loved it.

The invitation that I made months before the birthday party but never printed....not knowing where/when the party would be held. It's the thought that counts, right? I got my inspiration from here.


My "s'more"gasbord idea was one of the few that I actually carried through. Although the presentation was a bit lack luster.

S'more Brownies = highly recommended

The activity: Roasting marshmallows of course.
Activities I had wanted, but didn't do: Fishing pond, paint your own roasting stick, Boondoggle making (for the older kids), a kid-friendly shooting range (nurf gun/marshmallow gun), campfire songs/stories, tent-making contest (a bunch of random supplies and have teams construct their own tent).
Anyhoo, just thought I'd share just in case anyone wants to do a Camping Party someday....

Check out Sophie's sweet 'stach! Oh and she's covering her eyes in the picture to avoid the smoke in case you were wondering.