August 23, 2011

First Day of School

To celebrate the first day of school this year, we had a "Back to School" party with the girls.  It consisted of a fashion show (w/ their new school clothes), fireworks, and sleeping out on the tramp with Rich.  It's going to be our new tradition.

Sophie started her second year of preschool at a new preschool - Bravo (like Lilia did her second year). She has a friend from church in her class and seems to really be enjoying it so far.  



Lilia started school at the french immersion program at Samuel Morgan Elementary in Kaysville.  She has two teachers (half day French, half day English).  After the first day she said she could understand everything the French teacher said.  She also reported that she made 5 new friends.  She's been so brave about going to a new school, and I feel like it's going to be a really neat opportunity for her.

It's a crazy schedule of dropping off and picking up but we will adapt I'm sure.  I am actually really enjoying the times throughout the day where I get some alone time with Hazel or Sophie or when they get to play together without their "leader" Lilia around.  My girls are growing up too fast!!

2 comments:

Libby said...

I am jealous of a first grader. There I said it!

Lili has already had such a neat little life, now this French thing. So great. I'm glad about the friends thing. I'm sure that will make a huge difference.

Also-just look at her hair. Gorgeous. Shantelle would be proud!

Anonymous said...

Je trouve cette idée de fête de rentrée des classes géniale!! Ma rentrée est le 2 septembre, vous venez faire la fête avec moi? ;-)
Je suis sure que très vite Lilia parlera mieux français que moi!!