September 30, 2011

Lilia's 7th Birthday

On September 28th we celebrated Lilia turning 7 years old.  Seriously, where does the time go?  No really, I know everybody says it, but these kids grow up in the blink of an eye.  We had a great day of celebrating.  We started out the day with the traditional doughnuts for breakfast (don't judge) and she opened her presents from me and Rich.  She got a journal, a jewelry box, and a new shirt (which she is wearing in the photos).  They also made it a very special day at school.  They read her "All About Me" poster, made a "Why I Like You" book for her, let her pick out a treat from the treasure box, and sang Happy Birthday to her in English and French.  After school we picked her up and went to a special birthday girl/parents dinner and a movie.  We saw "A Dolphins Tale"...and I may or may not have shed a few tears myself.  We rendezvoused back at our place with some family after the movie and ate some vanilla (box) cake, with vanilla (store bought) frosting, and vanilla ice cream (again, don't judge, that is what happens when you are 39 weeks 5 days pregnant).   To finish off the night Sophie and Hazel gifted her a pig "Pillow Pet" which we scoured the city for, and which I think has the best marketing strategy since...I don't know, cabbage patch kids?, and for which she has begged for every time we go anywhere - because there is no escaping them, they are EVERY WHERE, even grocery stores and office supply stores -for the last few years.

Birthday Bliss...