September 8, 2011

Remember when...

We just finished up Lilia's poster and one of the pictures we put on it, in an effort to be original and impress her classmates, was this....


See the 5 safety pins in Lilia's little baby stomach?  When she was one year old we were staying at Rich's parents house during Christmas vacation and while she was "napping" she was really unloading Rich's mom's sewing drawer.  We walked in to find safety pins scattered in her port-a-crib, and not really knowing if she had put one in her mouth we decided "better safe than sorry" and took her to the E.R.  (I believe it was Christmas Eve).  Well, they not only found one safety pin they found that she had eaten 5!  Yummy!  Luckily they were all closed, phew!  They told us to let nature take its course and wait for her body to "release" the safety pins.  They also cautioned us to watch closely that all the safety pins exited her system and didn't get stuck somewhere on the way out.


So guess how Rich got to spend his vacation?  (He he he - I'm not laughing at you Rich, only with you - You're the best!!) You probably guessed right.  If not, let me give you a hint, a diaper, a fork, and poo.  Luckily the pins all "passed" the test.  He he he.  And now we have a good story to share.    

8 comments:

Camille said...

Rich is a keeper. Anyone who will go through that is a good dad.

Leslie said...

I forgot about this and had never seen the x-ray, it's quite a story.

Street Fam said...

hahahaha!!! that is a great story! but I am very happy all the safety pins were closed.

Libby said...

Top that, classmates!! What, you can't? I didn't think so!

Conversation starter for sure!!

Betsy said...

Hehe. That is awesome! And you have the cutest little x-ray for sure!

kendra said...

seriously? how could an xray be cute?! but it is! That is a crazy, happy ending story.

I just put a long-winded comment on the allergy post...phew! sorry I took up the whole blog!!

hayleyharts said...

I remember that! I always wanted to see the x ray picture...and thanks again for letting us come and visit you! It was so good to see you and your cute little girls..sorry about my crazy daugther...

Sharstin said...

now that is a great story that will be told again and again:) i adore your gorgeous house, pictures and family~ so many talents is wrong!